Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Note from the Other Side


I can't keep up.

I suppose that is a good thing-- don't think I'm complaining, because I am most certainly not. 
Life goes at quite a pace. So much so that sometimes it is hard to step back, take a look around you and appreciate where you are and see where you were and how you got there. I think that is an important thing to do. Reflection; seeing the moment you are in-- good or bad-- and facing it head on.
What's been keeping me busy? The married life (which I love dearly), being a step-dad (which I love just as much), work and-- when I find time-- I write.

I "finished" my first novel and sent it off to what will be many publishers to see if there is any interest in it at all. I hoped there would be but I did not hold my breath and that was a good thing because it was sent back with a cordial disinterest. I don't blame them at all. I mean, it is my first novel and more than likely a very novice attempt at creating a story that I would enjoy. It is a little different. I like different. At the moment, I'm working on another edit of the first novel and I have started another novel. Along with those, I'm sending in the occasional short story to whatever magazines and publishers are accepting them. My hope is that I never stop. So many stories finally able to unfold from the grey matter in my head. I just hope I can do them justice, along with everything else I do.

The long and the short of it is this-- keep your passion close, keep it hot. And do the very best you can with it. If nothing else, it will save you every day.

Keep moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleeplessness

 In the passing days of the last month of 2022 I find myself-- and i'm sure I'm not alone in this reflection-- a man sitting alone o...